Rev. Dr. A. A. Obe (JP)
April 12, 2020
REMEMBER THE CROSS.
TOPIC: REMEMBER THE CROSS.
TEXT: JOHN 19:17-19,30
MINISTERING: REV. DR. A. A. OBE (JP)
12th APRIL, 2020
EASTER SUNDAY MESSAGE.
The cross is an instrument of punishment used by the Romans generally for the punishment of slavery.
It is a symbol of shame and disgrace.
Everyone who will love to give their lives to Jesus must understand that they must carry their cross and follow Him. Salvation is not free, it cost Jesus the cross.
WHAT THE CROSS IS
(1) It is a symbol of Christ sorrow-Lamentation 1:12.
(2) It is a symbol of man’s victory over sin – John 19-30.
(3) It is a symbol of man’s victory over the devil – Philippians 2:9-11.
WHY YOU MUST REMEMBER THE CROSS
(1) Because of it supernatural transformation:
1 Corinthians 1:18;22-25.
(2) Because it brought about peace:
(3) Because it brought about hope:
(4) Because it changes man’s condition:
2 Corinthians 5:17.
(5) Because it changes our thought:
(6) Because it took our shame:
(7) Because it makes you become an extra ordinary Christian:
1 John 5:4.
(8) Because it brought about endless miracles:
Remember that the blood of Jesus is connected with the cross, and by it we overcome all problems of life.
Don’t forget what the Lord said after His resurrection. Matthew 28:18 ‘All power is given to me.