Rev. Dr. A. A. Obe (JP)
March 27, 2022
THIS STORM MUST STOP.
TOPIC: THIS STORM MUST STOP
TEXT: JOB 1:22; JOB 2:1-2; MARK 4:35-41; JOHN 9:4
DEFINITION: Storm is a sudden burst of bad weather. This can be caused due to heavy rain, lighting, thunder, fierce wind etc.
Storm in the life of a person is the state of crisis, problems, challenges or calamity that happen in one’s life. It can be very tough and terrible sometimes.
Observations from Mark 4:35-41
1. The Crisis
A. They were all in the ship and a sudden storm broke out. And Jesus was even asleep.
2. The Cry: After all efforts, they cry out for help. And Jesus answered them
3. The Calm: Jesus rebuked the wind and the sea and there was peace. (Most times we see the water and not the wind. The wind is the source of the storm; it is spiritual and not physical.
Note: Storm of life is not a sign that you are a sinner. John 9:4
What you learn from storms of life:
1. It brings you closer to God and you know Him better
2. It makes you gain new strength and skill
3. It helps you to see and know what is really important in life
4. It is also expected to keep you faithful
How to overcome the storms of life:
1. Be Courageous in that situation
2. You must be Discipline no matter what. (Joseph)
3. You must put your confidence in God
4. No matter how tough the storms are, try and endure (Endurance)
5. You must build your faith in God.
6. Learn to pray.
1. Hannah. 1Sam. 1: 5-6
2. Joseph. Gen. 37:4
3. Elizabeth. Luke 1:6-7
These storms shall be over:
1. Marital crisis
2. Family challenges
3. Challenges in place of work
4. Health related problems
6. Job related problems etc.
1Peter 5:7; Philippians 4:6-7 ; Isaiah 43:1-2; Isaiah 26:3.
Rev. Dr. A.A Obe