Rev. Dr. A. A. Obe (JP)
October 1, 2023
TOPIC: NAAMAN’S LEPROSY
TEXT: 2KINGS 5:1-3, 15-16, 20-27
MINISTERING: REV. DR. A. A. OBE
Medically, Leprosy is a chronic, curable infectious disease mainly causing skin lesions and nerve damage.
Note: Doctors say Leprosy is caused by infection with the bacterium Mycobacterium leprae. It mainly affects the skin, eyes, nose and peripheral nerves.
1. Leprosy was described as a swelling of the skin, with crust and whitish patch, which severity might have been evaluated by the depth of the affected skin.
2. Leprosy was a disease inflicted by God upon those who transgressed His laws. It was a divine retribution, a visitation of providence for evil thoughts and evil deeds. It was called the “finger of God.”
Note: Because leprosy was so visible and involved the decay or corruption of the body, it served as an excellent symbol of sinfulness. Sin corrupts someone spiritually the way leprosy corrupts someone physically.
There are six types of leprosy and are mainly classified based on the severity of symptoms, which include Intermediate tuberculoid, Borderline tuberculoid, mid-borderline, Borderline and Lepromatous leprosy.
Today, we are looking at the Leprosy of the second (2) Biblical definition.
What happens when struck with leprosy?
1. You experience limitations both spiritually and physically.
(A). You will lose your position before God and before man.
(B). You will no more be relevant, in most of what you do if not all before God and man.
(C). You will experience spiritual and physical isolation. In other words, you’ll become lonely, your friends and family we keep distance from you most times.
2. Everything you do receive set back.
3. You become a person with infirmities both spiritually and physically
4. It will make you become weak in everything spiritually, physically, psychologically or mentally, which is normally called weakness(es) in your body and in your spirit.
5. You are seen as an outcast in life and people will always point to that leprosy in your life.
Note this: The primary cause of this type of leprosy we are talking about is sin or when we are living a sinful life, it is very important to note this.
Symptoms of Leprosy:
5. Unlawful ways of living
6. Playing with your faith
10. Politicking with the things of God
11. Speaking ill of others
And others like these
Please note what Gehazi did after his master refused to take Naaman’s gift. Are you not in the same shoe now? (2kings 5:20-27)
How did you arrive to where you are now?
What have you compromised that has led you to the problem you find yourself?
Who had deceived you and bewitched you and land you to where you find yourself today?
Why did you allow that man/woman to pollute you and soiled your faith?
Why are you weeping when you know the cause is from you?
That thing that led to your problem is Naaman’s leprosy
Church, the God that cleans Naaman is still alive and available today, all it takes is to rethink and change from your sinful ways. When Naaman entered that river and bath 7 times, he was cleaned and made whole. Whatever is your leprosy, God can still forgive you, clean you, and made you whole in Jesus name