Rev. Dr. A. A. Obe (JP)
December 31, 2023
YOU SHALL SEE THE NEW YEAR.
TEXT: Proverb 3:5-6; Isaiah 43:18-19; Jeremiah 29:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17
Proverb 3:5-6 – 5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Isaiah 43:18-19 – 18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
Jeremiah 29:11 – 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
2 Corinthians 5:17 – 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
The New Year is the period which ends an old year and opens the gate to another year.
How can we cross over to the New Year?
1. Being prayerful: Prayer is a very important and powerful tool in fighting and waging war against the devil in any way. Hence we must always ensure that we pray. To show our great commitment and desire to finish strong, then it’s necessary to add fasting to our prayers. Acts 1:14(14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.)
2. By Faith: We must know that before anything can be given to us from God, then our strong and healthy faith is required. It is only by our faith we can get quick and prompt answers to our prayers – Matthew 21:22 (22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.)
3. Commitment to God’s work: As Christians, we must be committed and consume ourselves with the service of God so the devil will not have access to us in any way. It is only if we are idle then we can serve as the devil’s workshop hence when we are occupied with the things of God, then the devil cannot gain access into our lives.
4. Serving God: Stewardship to God is a very important aspect and a very powerful way in fighting and winning the war against all foes of the enemy including marine spirit and witchcrafts. When we serve God, then we are automatically abiding under the power and protection of God.
5. Planning: As Christians, we must always construct good plans for our lives in the New Year so that we can achieve our goals and our life can be productive and produce a better result.
God who made you see today will see you through the New Year and He will bless you in Jesus Mighty name.