Rev. Dr. A. A. Obe (JP)
April 19, 2020
TEXT: Romans 9:15-16; Psalm 102 :13
MINISTERING: REV. DR. A. A. OBE (JP)
Sunday 19th April, 2020.
DEFINITION: This is a compassionate or kindly forbearance shown towards an offender, an enemy, or other person in one’s power.
BIBLICALLY: God’s love shown towards human needs in an unexpected or an unmerited way. It can be forgiveness, answers to needs or prayers, love, compassion, etc.
NOTE: Mercy is what makes God, God in Life.
WHAT MERCY IS NOT
1. Is not freedom from sin
(you must be born again).
2. Is not freedom from problems
(God will only show grace)
3. Is not freedom from God’s wrath
(you must repent).
4. Is not freedom from death
(All will still die someday).
WHAT MERCY IS
(1) Is God providing Himself to be God in your life no matter what you are feeling.
(2) Is God answering you despite your shortcoming.
(3) Is God creating an avenues for your escape even when you don’t deserve it.
WHY YOU MUST SHOW MERCY
(1) Because God showed you mercy
(2) Because God commands you to do it
(3) Because you will need it too someday
(4) Because it brings Happiness and joy to the heart
1. O Lord show me your mercy.
2 . My Father teach me to show mercy to others.