Rev. Dr. A. A. Obe (JP)
April 26, 2020
kill that fear
TOPIC: KILL THAT FEAR.
TEXT: ROMANS 8:1-15;ISAIAH 43:1-7
MINISTERING: REV. DR. A. A. OBE (JP)
SUNDAY 26th APRIL, 2020.
Fear is the process of being afraid of something. It can be physical or spiritual. The Lord said “FEAR NOT”.
The word “FEAR” is mentioned “500 Times” in the Bible out of wish also ,There are more of “FEAR NOT”in it ( about 366 times). Yet we find believers fearing like the unbelievers. Some people today are now in bondage of one kind of fear or another,while the fear of the unbeliever is understood,that of the believer is not justified because Christ has delivered him (Hebrew 2:5).
Only God is to be the believers object of fear.
KIND OF FEAR:
(1) Fear of the unknown.
Matthew 6:34, that is future, Pandemics etc.
(2) Fear of men. Psalm 35:24.
(3) Fear of natural phenomena Job 3:25 I.e Nature.
(4) Fear of the inability to sustain daily. Philippians 4:19.
(5) Fear of death. Hebrew 2:15.
(6) Fear of God. a special kind of fear. Proverb 14:26.
WHY FEAR OR WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF FEAR
(1) SIN: This is the root cause of fear. Romans 6:11,14
(2) DEVIL: He plant fear in man NOT God
(Adam and Eve).1 Peter 5:8
(3) MAN: Lost of his,real image(Likeness of God)causes fear. Genesis 1:26; 5:1
(1) Fear brings oppression (Isaiah 54:14).
(2) To act on fear is to act if Satan is bigger than God. (and he is not); Colossians 1:16; John 1:3,4.
Whenever there are situation in your life that the enemy wants to capitalise on to create fear in you. As believers we must :
(1) Speak against it (fear).
(2) Act against it (fear).
For God has not given us the spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7). We are God’s children and the only fear the Bible say we should have is the fear of God (Proverb 9:10 : beginning of wisdom, Proverb 1:7: beginning of knowledge). Let us kill fear and we will be free from its bondage .