November 6, 2022
How Do You See God?
TEXT: Isaiah 43:2-4, 11-12; Matthew 16:13-19
Isaiah 43:2-4 – 2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
Isaiah 11-12 – 11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.
12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God.
Matthew 16:13-19 – 13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Jesus ask His disciples what people are calling Him, and the disciples answered Him that some see him as a prophet, then Jesus asked that what do they call Him? Peter answered and said “You are Christ, the son of the most high God.” Then Jesus said to Him that Flesh and blood have not revealed it to Him but His father in heaven.
Brethren, how do we see God is the way we approach him.
How do you see God?
1. The Bible reveals God as the Creator of the universe.
He carefully fashioned mankind in His very own Image, God created the entire world out of nothing and everything that God created, God called “good” and he saved the best for the last day of creation.
He made man in his image.
God made man (male and female) and gave them the power of Dominion over all that He created.
What to understand:
A. God owes you nothing (He always pay back)
1. Abraham sacrificed Isaac. Gen. 22:1 (22 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.)
2. Hannah offered Samuel to God. 1Sam 1:8-10, 19-20, 24-28; 2:21 (1Sam 1:8-10 – 8 Then said Elkanah her husband to her, Hannah, why weepest thou? and why eatest thou not? and why is thy heart grieved? am not I better to thee than ten sons? 9 So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk. Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple of the Lord. 10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the Lord, and wept sore.)
1Sam 1:19-20 – (19 And they rose up in the morning early, and worshipped before the Lord, and returned, and came to their house to Ramah: and Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the Lord remembered her. 20 Wherefore it came to pass, when the time was come about after Hannah had conceived, that she bare a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, Because I have asked him of the Lord.)
3. Isaac sowing and results. Gen 26:12-14. (Gen 26:12-14 – 12 Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him. 13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: 14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.)
4. The ten lepers. Luke 17:11-19
5. Jesus sacrifices for our salvation. John 3:16 (16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.)
B. We owe God our thanks
1. With song and praises to Him
2. With the use of instruments
3. With your money
4. With life stock
5. With food items
6. With material things.
Brethren, flashing back into the beginning of this year till date, God gave us life, He protected us, He blessed us and He fed us. We in return owe Him our thanks. How you see God is how you will appreciate him. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
REV. MRS B. B OBE