Rev. Dr. A. A. Obe (JP)
July 28, 2020
THE COURAGEOUS CHRISTIAN
TOPIC: THE COURAGEOUS CHRISTIAN
TEXT: Deuteronomy 31:6, Psalm 27:1-5; Romans 5:3-5
MINISTERING: REV. DR A. A. OBE (JP)
First, let us understand what the word Courage means. Courage is the ability to do something brave out of the motivation of the Heart.
“COURAGEOUS” Is that quality of mind which enable men to encounter danger and difficulties with firmness or without fear or depression of spirit. Christians see the word courage as being used when someone takes a stand for Biblical principles.
Good courage always relies upon the supernatural power of God to strengthen and motivate believers to be courageous as children of God (Romans 5:3-5).
WHAT TO NOTE
1. The hearts of believers who show good courage are strengthened by God.
Psalms 27:14; Psalms 31:24
2. God inspires believers to encourage one another.
Deuteronomy 1:38; Deuteronomy 3:28; Acts 28:15; Ephesians 4; Hebrews 10:24
3. Good courage is pleasing to God.
Deuteronomy 31:6-8; Joshua 1:1-18.
4. God does not approve of evil courage: Psalms 55:19; Amos 2:16; Romans 3:10-17
1. Story of Joshua and Caleb.
Numbers 13 and 14 (Learn to trust in God )
2. Story of David and Goliath. 1 Samuel 16 and 17 (you must have courage by trusting in God’s grace)
3. Story of Peter and John.
Acts 3 and 4 (to be courageous in time of persecution)
Good courage relies upon the supernatural power of God to strengthen and motivate believers to be courageous. The Bible gives us many examples of those who had courage to accomplish great things for God. As you read the Bible you can also develop the spirit to be courageous.