Rev. Dr. A. A. Obe (JP)
January 29, 2023
DISABILITY IS NOT INABILITY
TOPIC: DISABILITY IS NOT INABILITY
TEXT: 2KINGS 5:1-2
2KINGS 5:1-2 – 5 Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honorable, because by him the Lord had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.
2 And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman’s wife.
Definition: Ability is the state of being able to perform or to do something.
Disability is the opposite of ability. Not being able to perform or do something. This may be due to one challenge or the other or one deformity or the other.
What to note:
1. Naaman had a profession (he was a soldier)
2. Naaman had position (he was a general)
3. Naaman had achievements (by him the lord has given victory)
4. Naaman had respect. (Mighty man in valour)
5. Naaman had a situation (he was a leper)
Gideon: Judges 6:12 – 12 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him, and said unto him, The Lord is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.
Jephthah: Judges 11:1 – 11 Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.
a. One thing that is constant in life is change
b. For anyone to achieve anything in life.
Note that person:
1. Must want and be willing to change.
2. Must be willing to pay the price for change.
3. Must also raise the level of his expectations.
4. Change his perspectives or views towards life.
5. Change his methods (how he does things)
The ability to succeed:
1. Lies within your mind (focus)
2. Lies within your eyes (how you see things)
3. Lies within your hand (your work)
4. Lies within your mouth (your confession)
5. Lies within your heart (your will power)
Food for thought:
1. Labour can only be seen when it manifests in your life.
2. Understanding yourself helps you to understand life.
3. Grace works better when we live for God.
That you fail is your fault, don’t blame anyone for your failure, your excuse is not tenable. Others have your experience yet succeeded.
Remember your mind is a garden not a farm, fence it.
Rev Dr A. A. Obe